Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stay on your own feet

In photography world these days, there's overwhelming number of people with expensive gears and taking extremely similar photographs. From what I've seen, there's always group model shoot (which I dislike the most), group photo taking of a particular same subject, whole bunch of people walking on the same street with the same shirt and taking photos on the street. Well, it's not to say we cannot do that, but in order to have your own stand and own style, you have to go alone. Photography is something very personal. (These are all my own opinion)

That's why, I choose to shoot street, to shoot alone more, because I can have my own view, my own style, and stay quiet and unobtrusive(as much as possible). Street have too much to learn, a lot of creativity involved, I can be more creative and always staying alert of what's happening around, in order to stay different from typical-ism. There's always new things coming up and therefore we have to stand firm and not letting the typical and cliches pull us away.

Well, you could call me extremist or anyway you like it. But there's something about this field that I could never let it go away. It's too special and too intimate for me to do so.


While waiting for the green



The worker amongst the crowd



Cheers & Peace
Shoot less and more

No comments:

Post a Comment