Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My hometown Sibu


The Cover : Sibu . My Home


The street in front of my house


My aunty's old office



the jetty, overlooked by the Dua Pek Kong Temple




Overview of the small town from a skybridge



temple, church, just around the corner


old boat, still doing business after decades



Classic peca here in Sibu

A place/country/town or whatever you'd like to call, is defined by its people and the culture they share and believed in. I try to put some of them into the form of pictures. When we are in a place long enough, it seems like we don't really appreciate what is there anymore. Everytime when I am back to my hometown, I will try to recall the places and people that i've missed and try to capture them. Sometimes I will just shoot the same place as it never stops surprising me. The street. This is to make sure everything will be recorded and when once it's all gone, the picture stays and immortalize these little details.

No comments:

Post a Comment