Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Street shooting


on the way to Klang, this uncle was sitting right beside me


one of the long stalls at Sentosa, Petaling Jaya.


Laziness


Broken


Father and Son, human and shadow


He's getting close to the casket each passing day


speaking of empty language


He was raiding the place, asking these hawkers to leave, but after a while, they are back to business!


Asking for direction


Geometry





Christmas & Chinese New Year









one of the colour photographs that I really love, shot during Thaipusam celebration



Well, these are some of the photos that I've selected over a year of shooting, not the best, but from what I know, these are some of the shots that I think has some specialty in it. Life is right out your front door, life is not just to update your facebook or twitter status but something more. I'm craving for these actions in the city and small places, streets, wherever I could find a photo opportunity, I grab it. This is street photography, this is a way of life. Every picture tells a thousand words, I only ask for a few, that can best describe the picture, and that's enough.

I prefer non-scripted, non-staged photographs, because that best describe what happens. Over the course of one year shooting the street, I found out that, my eyes improved in looking at things that interests me, catching the otherwise gone moments and getting closer to people. I'm still in the process of getting nearer and making more interesting photographs.


Cheers, have a great journey ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment